Fire guts Corentyne home

first_imgA fire believed to have been caused by a faulty utility wire has left a Corentyne man without a home.Baijnauth BaichanThe Tuesday evening fire completely destroyed the three-bedroom building situated at Lot 145 Second Street, Number 69 Village, Region Six (East Berbice-Corentyne), leaving Baijnauth Baichan, 46, homeless.At the time of the fire, Baichan was not at home.He told Guyana Times that he was alerted by villagers that his home was on fire and rushed to the scene.The burnt house at Number 69 Village Corentyne“Me bin at one of me friend and when me come, me see fire, ambulance, Police, GPL,” the distressed man related.According to the labourer, there was nothing in the house which could have led to the blaze. Eyewitnesses related to this newspaper that two fire trucks responded to the fire, but the current dry weather made it difficult for them to source water in a timely manner to save the building.Baichan related that he was staying with a friend in the village as he attempted to come to grips with what occurred. (Andrew Carmichael)last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *