Former head of Garda Press Office delighted to be back at work

first_img Short URL Tuesday 14 Feb 2017, 1:08 PM Feb 14th 2017, 1:08 PM 22 Comments Share177 Tweet Email 17,897 Views http://jrnl.ie/3239174 Former head of Garda Press Office ‘delighted’ to be back at work after 22-month suspension “It’s been very difficult and stressful but I want to put all that behind me and move on” By Paul Hosford Tweet thisShare on FacebookEmail this article Source: TheJournal.ie/YouTubeSUPERINTENDENT DAVID TAYLOR, the former head of the Garda Press Office, says he is “delighted” to be returning to work after being cleared of leaking sensitive information to the media by the DPP.In an interview with 3 News crime correspondent Sarah O’Connor, Taylor said that he felt “vindicated”.“I’m delighted to be back as I said in my statement last night, delighted to resume my life, vindicated, I would like to thank all my friends and colleagues for their support.“It’s been very difficult and stressful but I want to put all that behind me and move on”Taylor was arrested and questioned for over 20 hours on suspicion of leaking information to journalists about two Roma children being removed from their families in May 2013. He had been in charge of the Traffic Unit at Dublin Castle before he was suspended for the past 22 months.Taylor, who made a protected disclosure last year alleging he took part in black propaganda after being ordered to discredit Maurice McCabe, said that he could not comment on the situation and wanted to get back to work.“I don’t want to make any comment on that I want to resume work, this is very much appreciated”He had alleged he was instructed by former Garda Commissioner Martin Callinan and/or current Commissioner Noirin O’Sullivan to brief the media about allegations against McCabe. Supreme Court Justice Peter Charleton will investigate the allegations.Read: Superintendent David Taylor reinstated after being cleared of leaking informationlast_img read more