Harry and Meghan face losing Sussex Royal brand

first_img (Chris Jackson/Getty Images) whatsapp Harry and Meghan stepped back from public life at the beginning of the year hitting out at media intrusion and are now living in Canada with their son Archie. Show Comments ▼ Under the arrangement with the royal family, Harry will remain a prince and the couple will keep their titles of Duke and Duchess of Sussex as they split their time between Britain and North America. Angharad Carrick Harry and Meghan face losing Sussex Royal brand (Chris Jackson/Getty Images) Also Read: Harry and Meghan face losing Sussex Royal brand Wednesday 19 February 2020 11:49 am Get the news as it happens by following City A.M. on Twitter.  (Chris Jackson/Getty Images) Also Read: Harry and Meghan face losing Sussex Royal brand Harry and Meghan first used the Sussex Royal titled when they created their own household, following a split from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Kensington Palace. “As the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are stepping back as senior members of the royal family and will work towards financial independence, use of the word ‘royal’, in this context, needed to be reviewed,” a royal source told Reuters. Harry and Meghan are facing the loss of the Sussex Royal brand after giving up their royal duties to live in Canada. Sign up to City A.M.’s Midday Update newsletter, delivered to your inbox every lunchtime David Haigh, chief executive of Brand Finance, said: “It could dent some of their earnings in the short term but I think it will be a minor setback for Harry and Meghan as they can still make a lot of money using another name.” If the Queen decides to ban Harry and Meghan from using the Sussex Royal brand they will have to restyle their entire charitable platform. Last year the couple applied for a global trademark on the Sussex Royal brand, which covers a range of items and activities from clothing to charitable fundraising. The use of the word ‘royal’ in the couple’s Sussex Royal brand is being reviewed after they said they were moving towards financial independence, according to Reuters reports. by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksYou May Likezenherald.comMeghan Markle Changed This Major Detail On Archies Birth Certificatezenherald.comBleacherBreaker4 Sisters Take The Same Picture For 40 Years. Don’t Cry When You See The Last One!BleacherBreakerbonvoyaged.comTotal Jerks: These Stars Are Horrible People.bonvoyaged.comNinjaJournalistThe Most Expensive Royal Weddings In Royals HistoryNinjaJournalistDaily FunnyFemale Athlete Fails You Can’t Look Away FromDaily FunnyMisterStoryWoman files for divorce after seeing this photoMisterStorymoneycougar.comDiana’s Butler Reveals Why Harry Really Married Meghanmoneycougar.comAbsolute HistoryAfter Céline Dion’s Major Weight Loss, She Confirms What We Suspected All AlongAbsolute HistoryNoteableyJulia Robert’s Daughter Turns 16 And Looks Just Like Her MomNoteabley Share whatsapp They announced they would no longer receive money from the sovereign grant, which amounts to just five per cent of their income. The source added that the discussions are still ongoing. last_img read more